Occasional users may now search LandShark online with Credit Card: You can now purchase or download images/copies of documents through LandShark by paying with a Visa, Master Card, Discover or American Express. This option is offered through Authorize.Net. Wadena County has a fee of $2.00 per document, in addition to the surcharge fee of $5.00 per session which goes directly to Authorize.Net. There is no fee to register and open an account to perform searches.
ALL OUR HANDWRITTEN TRACTS BOOKS ARE NOW AVAILABLE!
- TRACT BOOKS - METES/BOUNDS, PLATS & PLATTED BOOKS ARE IMAGED.
- BOOK/VOLUME AND PAGE OPTION.
- SEARCHING BY PARCEL NUMBER? YOU WILL NOT GET COMPLETE RESULTS. YOU MUST USE THE LEGAL DESCRIPTION & NAME SEARCH OPTIONS AS WELL.
- TORRENS ENTRIES & IMAGES ARE IN PROCESS OF BEING UPDATED. ALL ABSTRACT DOCUMENTS ARE AVAILABLE TO VIEW.
REMINDER: Documents prior to beginning Index Date are not verified.
Helps & Hints for LandShark
- Searching for Older Documents: Adjust your Date Range accordingly
- Recorded Documents begin in 1870
- Searching by Name: Enter last name, 2 spaces and first name
- Broader Search: Enter last name -- 2 spaces and only a portion of the first name or just an initial
- Specific type of document: Select from Instrument Group and adjust date range
- Specific date for any documents: Adjust Date Range
- Searching by Property ID: Do not use the “R” when you enter your property ID number -- Example: 01.001.1010
- Recorded documents prior to 1985 may not include property ID numbers.
- Property ID numbers may change as property is split and transferred
- Searching by Legal:
- Enter Section – Township – Range – Example: Section 1 Township 134 Range 33;
- OR Select Plats which can be found by the Plat Locater and enter Lot and Block
- Select Specific Instrument Group
- Adjust Date Range
- Select Sort By option
- Searching by Vol/Page: Alphabet books are case sensitive,
- Use all Capital Letters - Example: Book A Page 100
- Searching by Tract Book: Enter Section – Township – Range or Select Plats which can be found by the Plat Locater and enter Lot and Block.
- Tract Book pages contain complete chronological entries of recorded documents for specific metes/bounds and platted legal descriptions beginning in 1870 and are entered through December, 2006
- Tract Book pages must be downloaded to view for research
- All entries in Tract Book pages are available for viewing either by using Document Number or Vol/Page
PLEASE CALL OUR OFFICE AT 218-631-7622 FOR ASSISTANCE WITH LANDSHARK QUESTIONS.
Please Log In to LandShark to access the search functions. If you do not have an account, click here to Register.